The Google Assistant is most likely one of only a handful couple of practical voice assistants that should make your lives somewhat simpler. Be that as it may, that isn’t the situation with everybody. Along these lines, if you might want to disable Google Assistant on Android, we can assist you with it.
Google Assistant is incredible, productive, and a self-learning menial helper to encourage different activities through voice directions. Sounds helpful? It really is. There are sure occasions when it tends to be my guide while driving and my smart companion who can answer all (eh..most) my inquiries while working. Be that as it may, not every person shares the equivalent notions for it. Along these lines, if you’re on the opposite stopping point, you can feel free and disable Google Assistant if you’re not utilizing it.
Table of Contents
Why disable Google Assistant?
Not every person likes the new innovation, some think that its fascinating and notwithstanding abusing their security. Well face it, Google Assistant truly is smart and starts finding out about you quicker than you will take note. Yet, that likewise enables it to hold all your data and everything that you use it for. What’s more, we comprehend that everyone has the option to be worried about their protection. A smidgen of suspicion is important to keep yourself secured.
Then again, individuals like me, who trust Google with their own information, absolutely have different motivations to dispose of it and disable Google Assistant. You may very well not be using it enough or observe it somewhat irritating to be activated by the home button or “alright Google” hotword.
All things considered, you could be in either situation and you don’t need to justify the explanation behind why you don’t need it. Thus, if you might want to disable Google Assistant on Android gadgets, you can pursue the simple steps underneath and complete it.
How to Disable Google Assistant on Android
Now, underneath will list two steps, the first will let you effectively Turn Off Google Assistant totally. The progression after that will likewise empower you to disable the Google Now cards/feed as well, on the off chance that it feels superfluous to you.
Only turn off Google Assistant
- Open the Google Now Feed on your Android. If you’re using Pixel/Google Now Launcher, you can just swipe away to one side on the home screen.
- Swipe out from the left edge of the Google Feed’s screen to raise the cheeseburger menu.
- Select “Settings”.
- The Google App’s setting menu will open before you.
- On the top, you will see “Settings” under the “Google Assistant” segment; tap on it.
- Now, go to “Phone” that is showing under the “Gadgets” menu.
- Simply Turn Off Google Assistant switch.
- Return to the home screen and attempt long-squeezing the Home button or simply have a go at saying “alright Google”, the assistant ought not open now and you have to prevail to Turn Off Google Assistant on Android gadgets.
(Optional) Disable Google Now Feed
I would by and by, leave this progression because I regularly use the Feed to get the most recent news and climate updates. Be that as it may, if you’re not into using the Google Now feed to keep yourself updated in different ways, then you can consider crippling it as well.
- Open the Google Now cards/feed window:
- Go to the app drawer and open the “Google” app.
- Or on the other hand, swipe to one side on Pixel/Google Now Launcher home screen.
- Swipe out from the left edge of the Google app screen and select “Settings”
- Now, look down to the Search segment and tap on “Your feed”.
- Turn Off the “Feed” switch. You will be prompted with a message, you can likewise pick the alternative to erase your feed inclinations. and afterward go ahead “Turn Off”.
- Now that is the manner by which you effectively disable Google Assistant and alternatively Turn Off the Google Now feed. If whenever you have a craving for altering your perspective, you can proceed and re-empower any or them two.
Explain to us if and why you have disabled Google Assistant on your Android gadget? Is it safe to say that it was not worth or do you figure Google can even now deal with improving it? Offer your perspectives in the remarks